OtterBox v LifeProof. Which one destroyed my iPhone 6?
In our final OtterBox v LifeProof Mega test for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s we pitch the beautifully crafted OtterBox Strada case and undervalued OtterBox Commuter case up against the ever-popular LifeProof Fre case and the super-expensive LifeProof Fre Power case.
OtterBox Case Advantages:
- Price; the Commuter cases start from just $29.95 so they are terrific value and even the stunning Strada case is still over $10 cheaper than the LifeProof Fre case
- Strength & Style; better value for money and the Strada case is simply more sophisticated that any other case here on test. It would be the one for me.
LifeProof Fre Case Advantages:
- Waterproof; down to 2 metres for up to an hour, this is something the OtterBox just does not offer with the OtterBox cases we tested today
- Power; the LifeProof iPhone 6 Power Case really is the Rolls Royce of cases, it has everything all packed into one case, the design, form and function is practically flawless but "everything" comes with size and weight. Like a Rolls Royce, it's expensive and a tad on the chubby side.
- Lighter; not just by a little either, the LifeProof Fre case for iPhone 6 is just 35 grams, and it feels really slim on your iPhone 6s too.
Conclusion: should I buy the OtterBox for my iPhone 6s?
If waterproofing isn't that important to you, then yes. For the office and corporate environment you really can't go past the OtterBox Strada Case for iPhone 6s and if best value is your top priority then despite the drive-over test results in the video, the OtterBox Commuter Case for iPhone 6s it is still phenomenal value.
What's in this video?
Here we compare the LifeProof and OtterBox side by side by dropping each case with a real working iPhone 6 inside from a first floor window onto concrete slabs and then we drive over the case with the car... twice.
One of the cases doesn't make it through the drive-over test and it completely shattered the screen on my iPhone 6, watch it to find out which one...